[ASCE YM] OARS Tunnel Tour

Phillips, Stephanie PhillipsS at pbworld.com
Mon Sep 23 12:17:25 CDT 2013

AWWA has invited ASCE Younger Members to attend a tour this week.

Last year, AWWA visited the Olentangy Augmentation Relief Sewer (OARS) site for a project presentation and viewing of the tunneling equipment while it was on the ground surface.  Now, the site is fully engaged in tunneling operations out of Shaft 2, as well as construction of the OARS Diversions Structure, Pump Electric Building, West Gate Chamber, and Flow Diversion Structure. Below are the details to join the project update tour!  This will be a surface site visit only; we will not be going down in the tunnel.

When: Thursday, September 26th  at 4:00 pm
Where: Meet at the trailers at 2020 Jackson Pike, Columbus OH 43223
What: We will listen to a brief update on the project status and then walk the site.
REQUIRED PPE: hard hat, eye protection, safety vest, steel-toe boots (Hearing protection is also suggested)

The size of the tour is limited, so please RSVP to Anna Santino (Anna.Santino at mwhglobal.com<mailto:Anna.Santino at mwhglobal.com>) by Wednesday, September 25th  to reserve your spot.  Also, let me or Anna know if you would like to attend, but do not have access to a hard had, eye protection, or a safety vest.

Thanks!

Stephanie A. Phillips, P.E.
Structural Engineer
Parsons Brinckerhoff
2545 Farmers Drive, Suite 350
Columbus, OH  43235
614-791-5191 (office)
phillipss at pbworld.com<mailto:osborn at pbworld.com>

www.pbworld.com<http://www.pbworld.com>

NOTICE: This communication and any attachments ("this message") may contain confidential information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use, disclosure, viewing, copying, alteration, dissemination or distribution of, or reliance on this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or you are not an authorized recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, delete this message and all copies from your e-mail system and destroy any printed copies.