[ASCE YM] Upground Reservoir Tour

Phillips, Stephanie PhillipsS at pbworld.com
Wed Oct 12 18:04:02 CDT 2011

Younger Members,

The Upground Reservoir tour will be on Friday, October 21st at 2:45, and is expected to last about an hour.  This project includes over 5 miles of embankment, over 4.5 million cubic yards of embankment fill, a composite liner over 780 acres, and a state-of-art groundwater monitoring system.  Hard hats, steel toe boots, safety glasses, and safety vests are required for the tour because this is an active construction zone.  Extra hard hats and vests may be available at the site.  The project office and parking are just within the site entrance, located on Tawa Rd. just off SR 4 in Delaware.  If you are interested in carpooling, we will meet at the Rusty Bucket in Dublin (6644 Perimeter Loop Rd.) at 2:00 and should be back around 4:30 for happy hour.  RSVP to me by Thursday, October 20th to reserve your spot, and please include if you plan to meet us at the site or would like to carpool.

Also, do not forgot about the OTEC Social Mixer on Tuesday, October 25th from 6:00-8:00 at Brothers Bar & Grille (477 Park Street).  This event is sponsored by ASCE, ASHE, OSPE, and ECC.  See the attached flyer for more information.

There is still a few spots available for the AWWA Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tour (700 Schrock Road) on Thursday, October 27th from 4:30 to 6:30.  If you are interested, RSVP by Thursday, October 20th to me or Dan Freedman (Daniel.E.Freedman at us.mwhglobal.com<mailto:Daniel.E.Freedman at us.mwhglobal.com>).

As always, let me know if you have any questions about these upcoming events or if you have an idea for a future ASCE YM event!

Stephanie A. Phillips, P.E.
Structural Engineer
Parsons Brinckerhoff
2545 Farmers Drive, Suite 350
Columbus, OH  43235
614-791-5191 (office)
phillipss at pbworld.com<mailto:osborn at pbworld.com>

www.pbworld.com<http://www.pbworld.com>

NOTICE: This communication and any attachments ("this message") may contain confidential information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use, disclosure, viewing, copying, alteration, dissemination or distribution of, or reliance on this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or you are not an authorized recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, delete this message and all copies from your e-mail system and destroy any printed copies.