[ASCE YM] ASCE YM Upcoming Events

Phillips, Stephanie PhillipsS at pbworld.com
Fri Sep 30 14:40:17 CDT 2011

Younger Members,

Mark your calendars!  The ASCE YMG has several events coming up in the month of October.  Please let me know if you have any questions or if you have ideas for new events.   Also, good luck to all you who will be taking the PE on October 28th.

ASHE Cornhole Tournament - ASHE has invited our ASCE YMG to participate in a cornhole tournament to raise money for the ASHE Scholarship Fund.  The event will start at 5:00 on Thursday, October 6th at Brewsky's Sports Bar.  The entry fee is $10 and includes appetizers and beer.  See the attached flyer for additional details.

Social Mixer - ASCE, ASHE, OSPE, and ECC are sponsoring a social mixer following the first day of OTEC.  The event will be held on Tuesday, October 25th from 6:00-8:00 at Brothers Bar & Grille, located at 477 Park Street.  It is a great opportunity to network and meet other engineers.  Appetizers and drinks will be provided!

Upground Reservoir Tour - We will be touring the Upground Reservoir Project in northwest Delaware County on Friday, October 21st.  Construction is in the first of a three year project to place approximately 4 million cubic yards of fill to construct the embankments of the reservoirs. This 800 acre site will be the home for a 9 billion gallon reservoir - the largest lined upground reservoir in the country!  Additional details will be provided soon.

AWWA Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tour - AWWA has invited our ASCE YMG to tour the Anheuser-Busch Brewery on Thursday, October 27th from 4:30 to 6:30, located at 700 Schrock Road (parking directions are attached to this email).  The brewery no longer gives public tours, so this is a great opportunity for you to tour the pretreatment and waste treatment systems.  RSVP by October 20th to me (phillipss at pbworld.com<mailto:phillipss at pbworld.com>) or Dan Freedman (Daniel.E.Freedman at us.mwhglobal.com<mailto:Daniel.E.Freedman at us.mwhglobal.com>) to reserve your spot.

Stephanie A. Phillips, P.E.
Structural Engineer
Parsons Brinckerhoff
2545 Farmers Drive, Suite 350
Columbus, OH  43235
614-791-5191 (office)
phillipss at pbworld.com<mailto:osborn at pbworld.com>

www.pbworld.com<http://www.pbworld.com>

NOTICE: This communication and any attachments ("this message") may contain confidential information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use, disclosure, viewing, copying, alteration, dissemination or distribution of, or reliance on this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or you are not an authorized recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, delete this message and all copies from your e-mail system and destroy any printed copies.