[ASCE YM] Membership Renewal Reminder

Heady, Bob Bob.Heady at strand.com
Fri Nov 20 11:06:55 CST 2009

Dear Younger Members:

I hope you are all doing well and wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

A Few friendly reminders:

-Membership Renewal is due by December 31; however, there is currently a competition to see which Section can obtain the most renewals by December 1, 2009.  This year's top prize of $1,250 goes to the ASCE small, medium, and large Section<http://lyris.asce.org/t/7374933/58584873/8318/0/> with the highest percentage of renewing members by December 1, 2009.  Results can be viewed on the following site http://content.asce.org/finishline/ .  We encourage you to renew your membership today renew your 2010 ASCE membership now<http://lyris.asce.org/t/7374933/58584873/16/0/>.

-Registration Deadline for April 2010 PE and PS exams is Wednesday, December 16th. The link to the application and instructions is listed below. Do not forget to order your transcripts in advance.
http://www.peps.ohio.gov/Exams/PE.aspx

-Lichtenstein Distinguished Lecture of the academic year will be given by Professor Ahsan Kareem  of University of Notre Dame, on Friday, November 20, at 3:30 P.M. The announcement for the lecture is attached. The lecture is free and the attendees will receive one hour of PDH. May I ask you also please to forward it to other colleagues who might be interested in attending the lecture.

- Deadline for the Robert O'Shea Ethics Award is due by January 15, 2010 please visit www.ohioasce.org<http://www.ohioasce.org> for additional information. Cash award of $250 for the author and $250 for the affiliated chapter.

-December Luncheon will be on December 17 ,2009 at the Crowne Plaza North on the topic of Green Building

-The Sections November Newsletter is Attached for reference

Please let us know if you would be interested in participating in a DVD based PE review course this winter.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving,

Bob Heady
ASCE Central Ohio Section,
Younger Member President