[ASCE YM] Summer

AJ Smith ASmith at bbcm.com
Wed Jun 1 16:33:25 CDT 2011

Younger Members,

It looks like summer is finally here!  When you're complaining about the
sweltering heat, just think, it beats non-stop rain.

I just wanted to remind everyone that this Saturday, June 4th, you are
welcome to join in a stream bank cleanup.  Some members of the local
AWWA Young Professionals group will also be there.  Details are below.
If you intend on participating, please sign the attached liability
waiver and either email it to me or bring it to the event.  I will try
to bring spare copies.

June 4:  Stream bank volunteer cleanup at Griggs Reservoir (Arlington)
as part of Central Ohio River Pride (www.riverpride.org
<http://www.riverpride.org/> ).  From the event director:

"The Griggs Reservoir Clean-up runs from 9am to noon and all volunteers
meet at the Scioto Boat Club.  If you do an internet search for Scioto
Boat Club, they have a good map on their website showing how to get to
their facility.  You really don't need to bring anything as we provide
bags, gloves, a litter stick, and some light refreshments.  People show
up anywhere from 8:45 to 9:30am - it's pretty casual and after a brief
safety talk we'll assign you an area of the park if you don't have a
preference.

The clean-up takes place along the shorelines and park areas of Griggs
Reservoir from the disc golf course north up to Hayden Falls.  Just wear
good shoes and preferably long pants.  We hope it's not going to be 90
degrees as pants will be hot, but we don't want anyone to get poison
ivy."

June 24:  Central Ohio Section Golf Outing at Darby Creek Golf Course.
Please consider participating in this fun event which helps support our
YM group.  More details available at
http://www.centralohioasce.com/node/275

Summer:  Columbus Clippers baseball game.  More details to come.

Thanks!

AJ Smith

YM President

A.J. Smith, P.E., CPESC, CESSWI

BBC&M Engineering, Inc.
6190 Enterprise Court
Dublin, Ohio 43016-3293

Phone 614.793.2226
Fax 614.793.2410
www.bbcm.com <http://www.bbcm.com/>

BBCM - A responsive team providing Solutions to Build On(r)
Attention:  This e-mail message, including any attachment(s)
(collectively the "e-mail"), has been sent by BBC&M Engineering, Inc.
and may contain PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.  If you are not
the intended recipient, then please (i) do not read this e-mail, (ii) do
not forward, print, copy or otherwise disseminate this e-mail, (iii)
notify us of the error by a reply to this e-mail and (iv) delete this
e-mail from your computer.  Thank you.