[ASCE YM] YM Events

AJ Smith ASmith at bbcm.com
Mon Feb 14 11:19:38 CST 2011

Hello all,

Hope everyone has made it through the cold and ice ok so far.  40
degrees feels great.  Thanks to those who came out for the financial
presentation in January.  It was a very informative and useful
presentation.  We had about 14 Younger Members and guests attend.

I recently attended the Central Region YM Council in Fort Worth, TX on
Jan. 28-29 as the Central Ohio Section YM rep.  It was a good trip (and
not just for the weather).  I was able to get some good ideas for
outreach and other activities and see what some other YM groups are
doing.

Upcoming Events:

February 24:  Engineers Week Luncheon, flier is attached.  Register at
www.ohioite.org by this Wednesday.

February 27:  Bowling from 1:00-4:00pm at Thompson's Capri Lanes (5860
Roche Dr., Columbus, OH 43229).  The date is Sunday, February 27 (there
is a misprint in the Section newsletter).  The YM subsidized cost is
$10/person and includes 3 games, shoes, pizza, salad, and soda.  You are
welcome to bring your family or a guest.  Please RSVP to Stephanie
Phillips (PhillipsS at pbworld.com <mailto:PhillipsS at pbworld.com> ) by
February 23rd.

March 29:  OU ASCE Columbus Blue Jackets Game vs. Florida Panthers.  The
OU student chapter is holding this annual fundraising event.  Tickets
are $30/person.  Please let Bob Heady (Bob.Heady at strand.com) know if you
are interested in going.

March ??:  We are looking into volunteering as a group for Habitat for
Humanity-Greater Columbus.  It would likely take place on a Saturday.
Let me know if this is something you would be interested in, and if so,
if you would be willing to brave the cold in March.

As always, if you know of any other events coming up that the Younger
Members would be interested in, please let me know.  If you are on
Facebook, check out and join our group " ASCE Central Ohio Section
Younger Members" for networking, news, events and links.

Thanks!

A.J. Smith, P.E., CPESC, CESSWI

BBC&M Engineering, Inc.
6190 Enterprise Court
Dublin, Ohio 43016-3293

Phone 614.793.2226
Fax 614.793.2410
www.bbcm.com <http://www.bbcm.com>

BBCM - A responsive team providing Solutions to Build On(r)
Attention:  This e-mail message, including any attachment(s)
(collectively the "e-mail"), has been sent by BBC&M Engineering, Inc.
and may contain PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.  If you are not
the intended recipient, then please (i) do not read this e-mail, (ii) do
not forward, print, copy or otherwise disseminate this e-mail, (iii)
notify us of the error by a reply to this e-mail and (iv) delete this
e-mail from your computer.  Thank you.