[ASCE YM] Younger Members news

AJ Smith ASmith at bbcm.com
Thu Jul 1 12:06:03 CDT 2010

Hello Younger Members,

I would like to introduce myself.  My name is AJ Smith and I will be the
Younger Members President for 2010-2011.  For those of you I have not
yet met, I hope to do so at some of our future events.  I am looking
forward to serving and growing the group in the coming year.  I would
also like to thank Bob Heady, the past president, for all of his hard
work and service.

Just to give some background info, the Younger Members group of the ASCE
Central Ohio Section is dedicated to providing community outreach,
support of the profession, and educational and social networking
opportunities. The group is aimed towards individuals 35 years and
younger.  If you are interested in becoming actively involved with the
group or becoming an officer, please let me know.  We are looking to add
some community service and social networking events in the coming year
and are always looking for help and ideas.

Past Events

*         The 14th annual ASCE Central Ohio Section Golf Outing at Darby
Creek golf course was on June 25th, 2010 and was another great success.
Younger Members Bob Heady, AJ Smith, Jon Sterenberg and Stephanie
Phillips prepared the food for lunch and dinner to raise money for the
section and Younger Members group.  There was a record number of 88
golfers!  Thanks to Jim Pajk for organizing another great event!

Upcoming Events

*         August:  The Engineers Without Borders (EWB) Central Ohio
Professionals Chapter is hosting a "Wine-to-Water" fundraising event.
This wine tasting event will be held Friday, August 20 at EMH&T's
office.  For more details and registration, visit  www.EWBCOH.org

If you know of any other events coming up that the Younger Members would
be interested in, please let me know.  If you are on Facebook, check out
and join our group " ASCE Central Ohio Section Younger Members" for
networking, news, events and links.

Thanks!

AJ Smith

Younger Members President

ASCE Central Ohio Section

A.J. Smith, P.E., CPESC(r)

BBC&M Engineering, Inc.
6190 Enterprise Court
Dublin, Ohio 43016-3293

Phone 614.793.2226
Fax 614.793.2410
www.bbcm.com <http://www.bbcm.com>

BBCM - A responsive team providing Solutions to Build On(r)
Attention:  This e-mail message, including any attachment(s)
(collectively the "e-mail"), has been sent by BBC&M Engineering, Inc.
and may contain PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.  If you are not
the intended recipient, then please (i) do not read this e-mail, (ii) do
not forward, print, copy or otherwise disseminate this e-mail, (iii)
notify us of the error by a reply to this e-mail and (iv) delete this
e-mail from your computer.  Thank you.