[ASCE YM] Upcoming ASCE YM Events

Phillips, Stephanie PhillipsS at pbworld.com
Thu Apr 26 07:08:35 CDT 2012

Hi Younger Members,

We have a wide variety of ASCE Younger Member events coming up.  As always, let me know if you would like any more information about an event or if you have an idea for a future YM event.

May 16th - Social with ASCE President Elect
Join us for a happy hour to welcome the National ASCE President Elect to Columbus.  We will be meeting at 5:30 at the Varsity Club (278 W. Lane Ave., Columbus).  Pizza and drinks will be provided.  I would really encourage all of you to come to this event.  It is a great opportunity to talk with the leader of our organization.

May 29th - CAR Tour
We will be touring the OSU Center for Automotive Research (930 Kinnear Rd., Columbus) on Tuesday, May 29 at 5:30 pm.  The trip will be hosted by Dr. Giorgio Rizzoni, the CAR director.  It is always interesting, with a wealth of information and the opportunity to see the details of innovation in electric and other advanced vehicle concepts, including record-breaking models built there.  To reserve your spot on the tour, please call or email Dave Pritchard (davepritchard at sbcglobal.net<mailto:davepritchard at sbcglobal.net>, 614-519-4819) or me (phillipss at pbworld.com<mailto:phillipss at pbworld.com>, 614-791-5191).  More information about the Center is available at www.car.osu.edu<http://www.car.osu.edu/>.  Visitor parking is available in the spaces to the EAST of the building in the spots so marked, or behind the chain link fence, or behind the building.  We will be meeting at Dr. Rizzoni's office, which is directly to your right off the lobby.

June 2nd - Griggs Reservoir Clean-Up
The Griggs Reservoir Clean-up runs from 9am to noon and volunteers will meet at the Scioto Boat Club (3232 Indian Village Rd., Columbus).  People show up anywhere from 8:45 to 9:30am - it's pretty casual and after a brief safety talk they will assign you an area of the park if you don't have a preference.  The clean-up takes place along the shorelines and park areas of Griggs Reservoir from the disc golf course north up to Hayden Falls.  Just wear good shoes and preferably long pants.  You don't need to bring anything else as they provide bags, gloves, a litter stick, and some light refreshments.

June 22nd - ASCE Annual Golf Outing
Central Ohio Section will be having their annual golf outing at the Darby Creek Golf Course again this year.  Please consider participating in this fun event which helps support our YM group.  More details are available at http://www.centralohioasce.com/node/374.  A few Younger Members are also needed to help work the event, so please let me know if you would be interested and available to help.

Stephanie A. Phillips, P.E.
Structural Engineer
Parsons Brinckerhoff
2545 Farmers Drive, Suite 350
Columbus, OH  43235
614-791-5191 (office)
phillipss at pbworld.com<mailto:osborn at pbworld.com>

www.pbworld.com<http://www.pbworld.com>

NOTICE: This communication and any attachments ("this message") may contain confidential information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized use, disclosure, viewing, copying, alteration, dissemination or distribution of, or reliance on this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or you are not an authorized recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, delete this message and all copies from your e-mail system and destroy any printed copies.