[ASCE YM] ASCE Younger Members - 2007/2008 events

Jon Sterenberg JSterenberg at bbcm.com
Tue Aug 14 10:25:02 CDT 2007

Younger Members,

My name is Jon Sterenberg and I am the president this year of the ASCE
Central Ohio Younger Members.  I am excited to be serving you this year
and I hope that everyone is staying busy!

I just wanted to let you know about some of the upcoming events that
we'll be hosting this year.

Of course, we'll be having our happy hours once a month, so we'll see
you there.  Some of the places where we've gone in the past include:

Adobe Gilas
Brothers (following the OTEC conference)
BW3's - Bethel
Gameworks
Brazenhead - Grandview
Varsity Club
Donerick's - Dublin

There are also plans to possibly do a night at the Funny Bone - if there
is interest.

Besides the socials, we are planning on bringing in one technical
speaker over the course of the year, and, in the Spring, taking a field
trip to a construction site.

If anyone has any other ideas, or would like to help in planning any of
the above events, please let me know.  My schedule is, as I am sure
yours is, jammed packed, so anything anyone can do to help would be
appreciated.

For anyone interested in taking over the reins for next year, there is a
Younger Members Leadershop Symposium coming up in November in Orlando
Florida!  I have attached the e-mail from ASCE National.  I attended the
conference a year and a half ago in Tampa, and it was a lot of fun.

I look forward to seeing many of you at these events.  Do not hesitate
to contact me with any questions or comments.

Thanks,

-Jon Sterenberg

Jonathan P. Sterenberg, P.E.
Project Engineer